FC Dallas unveiled its new 2017 secondary jersey at the club’s annual season kickoff party, “Cocktails and Cleats,” at Dallas’ Fashion Industry Gallery. The new secondary kit for 2017 is a collaboration between adidas and FC Dallas.
According to FC Dallas press materials, “It is full of Texas-themed symbolism.”
Design elements to note from FCD’s press materials:
· Blue, Ombre Fade – the front of the jersey fades from a dark blue at the shoulders to a light blue at the waist, representing the blue hues you see in the Texas horizon.
· 11 Stars – stars on the front of the jersey represent the Starting XI on the pitch each match.
· DTID – the FC Dallas fan rally cry, “Dallas ‘Til I Die”.
· LH Patch – a tribute to our late founder, Lamar Hunt.
· Texas Flag – a patch on the back neck of the jersey showcasing our Texas pride.
· The Stars at Night are Big and Bright – a phrase from the popular song “Deep in the Heart of Texas,” which FC Dallas supporters’ groups chant before and during games.
· AdvoCare – the nutritional supplement company has been a proud FC Dallas jersey partner since 2012.
“There are a lot of elements that make this jersey really special,” said FC Dallas president Dan Hunt. “This is about the club. This is about our supporters. This is about who we are and the special building blocks that make our club unique.”
The lightweight jersey features a two-button collar, which also comes in a long sleeve version. The shorts in the new kit come in two varieties, blue and white. The socks are primarily white with blue bands. “FCD” is embroidered on the front.
The new jersey is available for purchase at the Toyota Stadium team shop. The team shop is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 18. The first 20 fans to purchase a 2017 secondary jersey get free customization. Fans will also get 20% off all purchases made at the team shop on Feb. 18.
Here are some more images of the new kit.